I needed a solution that would allow me to have multiple servers behind a single firewall for my home lab. After looking at many paid solutions I found this open-source project that fit the bill, NGINX Proxy Manager (link).
The NGINX Proxy Manager is an all-in-one solution that has an easy-to-use UI, Let’s Encrypt SSL support, and built-in Docker FTW.
The project comes as a pre-built docker image that enables you to easily forward to your websites running at home or otherwise, including free SSL, without having to know too much about Nginx or Letsencrypt.
- Beautiful and Secure Admin Interface based on Tabler
- Easily create forwarding domains, redirections, streams, and 404 hosts without knowing anything about Nginx
- Free SSL using Let’s Encrypt or provide your own custom SSL certificates
- Access Lists and basic HTTP Authentication for your hosts
- Advanced Nginx configuration available for super users
- User management, permissions, and audit log
Stay tuned for my How-To video coming soon to my YouTube channel.