Another common question I get is in that rare occasion that your iPad locks up on you how do you restart or force restart it.
Since the new 2020 iPad Pro does not feature a Home button. If your device freezes, there’s not much that you can do but to restart or force restart your 2020 iPad Pro. Sometimes the iPad fails to turn on and in this case, a force restart might be something that could help you. First, we will show you how you can restart your 2020 iPad Pro. Simply follow the step by step instructions below.
1. The first thing that you have to do is press and hold the Power button for a few seconds.
2. The Slide to Power Off appears on the display.
3. Simply Swipe the Slide to Power Off and wait for the iPad to turn off.
4. Now, Press and hold the Power button again and wait until your device turns back on again. You will have to enter your passcode again.
That’s all that you have to do to restart your 2020 iPad Pro. However, if it doesn’t help, you can always force restart it. To force restart your 2020 iPad Pro, follow the steps listed below.
1. Press and release the Volume Up button.
2. Press and release the Volume Down button.
3. Now, press and hold the Power button and the Apple logo will appear on the screen, confirming that the iPad is now restarting.