As we posted before on our blog Apple surprised us with the release of iOS 13.1 Beta 1. Apple has never before released a point updated for an unreleased software update (I looked, they really haven’t).
This update brought back some features that were dropped from iOS 13 and a few new items.
- Shortcut Automations – in iOS 13 these were removed. You can create personal and home automation from the Shortcuts app, truly a great feature and glad to see it back.
- Shared ETA – this has also returned to the Maps app allowing users to share their ETA with friends and family. Great for stopping the nagging spouse from “When will you be home?”.
- AirPods Volume Indicator – Now when adjusting the volume with your iPhone when AirPods are connected you will see the AirPods icon in the volume bar. Works for Powerbeats Pro and HomePod as well.
- New HomeKit Icons – HomeKit devices in the Home app have been updated.
- TestFlight Indicator – Apps that have been installed via Apple’s TestFlight app now has a bright yellow dot next to them.
- Mouse Support Improvements – It is now possible to map the right-click function to the mouse as a 3D touch/long-press.
I’m sure other features will forthcoming as the beta’s progress.